- No Spamming (unsolicited bulk email) allowed
- No material that provides sells or offers to sell the following: controlled substances, illegal drugs and drug contraband, weapons, pirated materials, instructions on making, assembling or obtaining illegal goods or weapons to attack others. Information used to break, copyright, violate the trademark of or to destroy others property or information. Information used to illegally harm any people or animals. We do not allow pornography, nudity, sexual products, programs or services. Escort services are not allowed or other content deemed adult related.
- Foul language and profanity in the site content, and in the domain name are prohibited.
- All activities may be monitored, recorded, and examined by any authorized person, including law enforcement.
- LinuxBlock reserves the right, but is not obligated to review the content posted via the service and to refuse or remove any such materials in its sole discretion, without notice at any time.
- You must retain accurate contact information to avoid having your account terminated.
- You agree that LinuxBlock may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your account and access to the Service.
- If you terminate your contract prior to its term, you may be disqualified from the free domain registration promotion.
- If you discover anyone on our system violating any of these terms or notice anything suspicious from our network, report it at firstname.lastname@example.org for investigation. We will immediately terminate any account we feel has been in violation of any of these terms.
- We provide a 30 day money back guarantee for hosting accounts. However, if you register a new domain name with your account and choose to cancel after three days of service, 150 ZAR will be deducted from the refund for the cost of the domain. You will maintain full ownership of the new domain after you have canceled your hosting with us.
- LinuxBlock.com reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
LinuxBlock.com demonstrates its commitment to our customers' privacy by providing this statement. We will do everything in our power to ensure your right to privacy. We are committed to developing long lasting relationships that are built on trust. LinuxBlock.com will never violate that trust.
Personal Data Transmissions Are Encrypted When you order from LinuxBlock.com, all your personal information is protected. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name, address and other personal details.
LinuxBlock.com Will Not Sell Your Personal Information
LinuxBlock.com keeps all your information confidential.
Domains registered through LinuxBlock are subject to the Domain Registration Agreement located at domain agreements
Automatic Account Renewals
LinuxBlock.com automatically renews account hosting services 14 days prior to the account expiration date. Said renewal is for the same duration initially selected.
The undersigned (’Customer’) and LinuxBlock.com mutually agrees as follows:
1. LinuxBlock.com shall will begin acount renewal 14days prior to account expiration . In cases where discontinuation is requested notifications should be sent to email@example.com or via the client area..
2. LinuxBlock.com agrees that on receipt of Automatic Renewal Cancellation Notification under the conditions stated above, that no additional charges shall be billed to customer and that customer’s hosting account shall expire on the account expiration date.
3. In the event Customer is a corporation, partnership, limited liability, joint venture, other business entity or group of individuals, the individual signing up for account hosting services certifies that he/she has the authority to bind the corporation, partners, joint venture or individuals in this manner.
4. Customer may cancel their services at any time by mailing and receive a pro-rated refund for any remaining time on their contract. Pro-rated refunds may include deductions for domain fees and or service charges for early termination.
5. In the event that the Customer issues a chargeback or reversal of charges without first following the above cancellation policy, Customer will be responsible for a 500 ZAR or =N=7,500 billing service fee.
6. If an account renews and a client wants to cancel the account, they will receive a refund for the unused portion of the hosting; 150 ZAR or =N=1,500 will be withheld for the domain registration, if the domain is registered with us.
LinuxBlock.com is dedicated to providing the best web hosting service possible to every one of our clients. We are also dedicated to staying on top of available technology.
While LinuxBlock.com will provide our clients with reasonable notification, LinuxBlock.com reserves the right to change its policy at any time to meet the needs of our customers, changing laws and new technology.
This is LinuxBlock.com Usage Policy, which supplements the service agreement of each user of LinuxBlock.com's services (each, a "Subscriber"). Every Subscriber is subject to this Usage Policy, and by virtue of using LinuxBlock.com's services, network, and/or systems (collectively the "Services") agrees to be bound by this Usage Policy. LinuxBlock.com will revise this Usage Policy from time to time. A Subscriber's use of the Services after revisions to the Usage Policy are posted on LinuxBlock.com's website at www.LinuxBlock.com, will constitute such person's acceptance of any changes or additions to the Usage Policy.
Subscribers violate this Usage Policy when they (or their affiliates or customers) engage in the following prohibited activities.
Violations of Intellectual Property Rights
Any violation of any person's intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights is prohibited. LinuxBlock.com is required by law to remove or block access to content appearing on or through the Services upon receipt of proper notice of copyright infringement (see "Copyright Infringement Notice Information" below).
Spamming, whether or not it overloads the Services or disrupts service to LinuxBlock.com's Subscribers, is prohibited. The term "spamming" includes, but is not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial message over the Internet or maintaining an open SMTP policy. LinuxBlock.com reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether e-mail recipients were from an opt-in email list.
Misrepresentation of Transmission Information
Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting message headers, return mailing information and/or Internet protocol addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of an message is prohibited.
Viruses and Other Destructive Activities
Use of the Services for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited. It is also prohibited for any Subscriber to engage in other activity that is intended to disrupt or interfere with, or that results in the disruption of or interference with, the ability of others to effectively use the Services (or any connected network, system, service or equipment) or conduct their business over the Internet.
"Hacking" and related activities is prohibited. "Hacking" includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: illegally or without authorization, accessing computers, accounts or networks, penetrating or attempting to penetrate security measures, port scans, stealth scans, and other activities designed to assist in hacking.
We do not allow the use of anonymous proxy scripts on our servers. They can be very abusive to the server resources, affecting all users on that server.
Export Control Violations
The exportation of encrypted software is prohibited.
The use of the Services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise or otherwise make available child pornography is prohibited. LinuxBlock.com is required by law, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on, or being transmitted through, the Services.
Other Illegal Activities
The use of the Services to engage in any activities that are determined by LinuxBlock.com, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be illegal is prohibited. Such illegal activities include, but are not limited to, storing, posting, displaying, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi or pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards or displaying credit card information of third parties without their consent, and failure to comply with applicable on-line privacy laws. LinuxBlock.com will cooperate fully with appropriate law enforcement agencies in connection with any and all illegal activities occurring on or through the Services.
Obscene, Defamatory, Abusive or Threatening Language
Use of the Services to store, post, transmit, display or otherwise make available obscene, defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language is prohibited.
LinuxBlock Web Hosting intends to offer services to host web sites, not store data. Using an account as an online storage space for archiving electronic files is prohibited.
Engaging in any activity that, in LinuxBlock.com's sole and absolute discretion, disrupts, interferes with or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere with, or be harmful to) the Services, LinuxBlock.com's business, operations, reputation, goodwill, customers and/or customer relations, or the ability of LinuxBlock.com's customers to effectively use the Services is prohibited. Such prohibited activities include making available any program, product or service that is designed to or could be used to violate this Usage Policy. In addition, the failure by a Subscriber to cooperate with LinuxBlock.com in correcting or preventing violations of this Usage Policy by, or that result from the activity of, a customer of the Subscriber is a violation of this Usage Policy.
In general, LinuxBlock.com does not monitor its customers' websites or activities to determine whether they are in compliance with this Usage Policy. However, when LinuxBlock.com becomes aware of any violation of this Usage Policy or its User Agreement, LinuxBlock.com may take any action to stop or correct such violation, including, but not limited to, shutting down a website, denying access to the Services or to the Internet, and/or removing information. In addition, LinuxBlock.com may take action against a Subscriber or a customer of such Subscriber because of the activities of such customer. LinuxBlock.com reserves the right to take any such action even though such action may affect other customers of the Subscriber.
LinuxBlock.com may disclose any information in its possession, including, without limitation, information about Subscribers, internet transmissions and website activity in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation or governmental request, to protect LinuxBlock.com or others from harm, and/or to ensure the proper operation of the Services. LinuxBlock.com has no obligation to notify any person, including the Subscriber about whom information is sought, that LinuxBlock.com has provided the information.
In the event a cancellation is necessary, a pro-rated refund will be issued for the remainder of your service term from the time of cancellation. There is no cancellation fee. If cancellation is within the first 30 days you will be issued a full refund. For customers who registered a new domain name with the account and choose to cancel after three days of service, 150 ZAR OR =N=1,500 will be deducted from the refund for the cost of the domain. You will maintain full ownership of the new domain after you have canceled your hosting with us. For customers who registered a domain with LinuxBlock.com at time of sign-up, if cancellation is after the first three days the domain will be released to the customer and LinuxBlock.com will no longer cover further registration fees.
Copyright Notice Infringement Information
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, LinuxBlock.com has adopted a policy that provides for termination of websites hosted by LinuxBlock.com that are found to infringe on copyrights of third parties. If a copyright holder believes that there has been a violation of his or her copyright on a website that is hosted by LinuxBlock.com or its subsidiaries, and the copyright holder wants LinuxBlock.com to remove the website or disable the material in question, LinuxBlock.com will remove the website or disable the material if the copyright holder provides us with all of the following information:
1. A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed is being infringed, or, in the case of claimed infringement of multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or is the subject of infringing activity and that should be removed or access to which should be disabled, with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the person giving the notification, such as an address and telephone, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which such person may be contacted.
4. A statement that the person giving the notification has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the person giving the notification is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Warranty Disclaimer. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICES AND THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LinuxBlock HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE, OR WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR AVAILABLE THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE, OR THAT THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY LinuxBlock OR LinuxBlock’S REPRESENTATIVES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. LinuxBlock DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS AND CONTENT. LinuxBlock DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT USERS WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF THEIR CHOOSING. LinuxBlock DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUCH THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT SUCH SERVICE OR SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY SERVICE OR LinuxBlock IN PARTICULAR.
Limitation of LinuxBlock’s Liability. LinuxBlock SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR NONPERFORMANCE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE CAUSED BY ANY REASON, WHETHER WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF ITS CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL LinuxBlock BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) WHETHER OR NOT LinuxBlock HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. LinuxBlock SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY. LinuxBlock’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE SERVICES IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AS SET FORTH HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL LinuxBlock LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) OR ANY AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID IN CASH BY YOU TO LinuxBlock FOR THE PRIOR ONE MONTH PERIOD. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THESE RULES OR OUT OF THE SERVICES MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU OR LinuxBlock MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS OCCURRED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE THAT CAUSES DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY AND, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LinuxBlock’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Indemnification of LinuxBlock. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold LinuxBlock, its affiliates and its sponsors, partners or other co-branders and their respective officers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to your breach of any of the Rules or use by you or any third party of the Services, except to the extent the foregoing directly result from LinuxBlock’s own negligence. LinuxBlock reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you shall have no further obligation to provide indemnification for LinuxBlock in that matter.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE RULES AND AUP, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND, IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
Changes to the Rules and Services Apply to You. You may review the most current version of the Rules at the Site. LinuxBlock may change the Rules or change the scope of the Services, in whole or in part, at any time at LinuxBlock’s sole discretion. Posting of such changed Rules on the Site shall constitute notice of such changes to you, although LinuxBlock may choose additional types of notice. LinuxBlock will use reasonable efforts to provide you with 7 days advance notice of changes to the Rules that materially and adversely impact your use of the Services. Your continued use of the Services following notice constitutes your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cancel your account.